New Hope Community Church (Bonney Lake, WA) – Teaching Pastor
The Big Picture
New Hope Community Church (nhcchurch.org) is a sixteen-year-old fellowship that has around 200 people seeking a Teaching Pastor.
New Hope Community Church is an sixteen year old fellowship that has around 200 people (men, women & children) who would consider New Hope their home church. We are a non- denominational church that rejoices in the unity and partnership we share with the other evangelical churches in our community. Our mission is simply to pursue with passion the great commandments and the great commission. Our times together as a congregation center around prayer, worship, teaching of the Word of God, and fellowship.
The Leader of New Hope is the Lord Jesus Christ, and it is Him we seek to follow. Spiritual oversight of the congregation rests in the hands of a team of Pastors. We are well served by a team of Deacons and Deaconesses, as well as by a number of Ministry Leaders.
One of our distinctives as a body is to value intergenerational fellowship in our Life Groups and various ministries. New Hope is comprised of a wonderful mix of children, young adults, many young families, a number of older single adults, a good number of older couples, and a smaller number of middle age families with youth.
We now find ourselves as a church ready to expand our staff with the addition of a full time Team Staff Pastor. Below is a description of the type of man that we are asking the Lord to bring to us. Although the description may seem as though we are looking for a “perfect” in- dividual in every way, that is not the case. Certain things are essential and non-negotiable, while other things are matters that can be pursued through personal growth in the context of experience and mentoring.
- A whole hearted lover of God
- A man of prayer and worship with an active devotional life
- A deep commitment to the Scripture in knowledge and practice
- Integrity — honest and pure in heart
- Humble, teachable — works well with people
- Compassion — caring for others
- Relational with all ages
- Team player, good listener
- Committed to the inspiration, authority & sufficiency of the Word of God
- Theological agreement & shared convictions with NHCC Essentials of the Faith
- Working agreement with the finer points of doctrine
- Compatible in the areas of philosophy and methodology of church life
Personal Profile & Aptitude
- If married — a strong marriage, children in order, wife in full agreement with his calling
- Team player — committed to the success of others
- Initiator of relationships
- High energy / self-starter
- Strong work ethic
- Strong ability to teach the Scriptures
- Sufficient level of theological and pastoral training
- Has solid references and recommendations from those with whom he has served
- Has experienced several years in spiritual ministry, and senses a calling from God to serve full time in the Church
Passions / Burdens
- Reaching the lost / desiring to connect with the unsaved community
- Love for the Word of God
- Love for God and for people
Primary Areas of Focus At New Hope
- Share in shepherding oversight of the Church as a member of the Pastoral Team
- Share responsibilities as a member of the financially supported Pastoral Team
- Expository teaching of the Word of God on Sunday mornings
- Coordinate and oversee all the components for the Sunday morning worship service
- Proficiency in biblical counseling
- Participation in prayer opportunities with the congregation
- Share in other teaching / leadership training opportunities
- Connect with New Hope people through hospitality, small group, and one on one outreach
- Share with the Elder Team in the support of New Hope Ministry Leaders
Total Package: $70,000-$75,000
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Teaching Pastor at New Hope Community Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Teaching Pastor of New Hope Community Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the New Hope Community Church?
To Apply: Jason@no-feepastorsearch.com