The Congregational Church in Gregory, SD is in search of a full-time pulpit pastor. Our church is an independent affiliation and serves around 90 active members. The members of the church are multi-generational. The church is conservative and strictly Bible based following God’s Word. The community of Gregory is growing and offers many wonderful businesses and recreational resources. We are located in south central South Dakota within 30 miles of the Missouri river which offers hunting, fishing and camping. Gregory has a new state of the art hospital affiliated with Avera as well as other Regional Hospital. We have a golf course, beautiful park system and a thriving school. For more information about the city of Gregory please visit www.cityofgregory.com.
This position includes salary, insurance benefits and a parsonage.
Or email email@example.com
PASTORAL FUNCTIONS OF INTEREST TO OUR CHURCH
- Preach- Preach sermons that deepen the experience of God and relate the gospel to contemporary life.
- Visit the III & Bereaved- Visit the sick, shut-ins and bereaved in hospitals and homes.
- Build Fellowship- Help build a sense of “togetherness” in the church community and participate in church social functions.
- Support Christian Education- Develop & support Christian Education programs for children, youth & adults.
- Lead Worship- Help develop, support & lead worship sensitive to the needs of the congregation with an appreciation for valued Christian traditions.
- Lead Outreach & Evangelism- Help develop, support & lead a program of new member recruitment & seek to share the gospel with the unchurched.
- Nurture to Spiritual Development- Nurture to the spiritual development of the members, follow a discipline of Bible & devotion
- Offer Community Leadership- Participate in local community activities issues & problems.
- Offer Pastoral Counseling- Provide pastoral counseling of members having Personal problems, & spiritual problems & provide referral counseling.
- Find & Develop the Gifts of Ministry- Help members discover & develop their gifts for ministry & service.