Hope House Colorado (HHC) is hiring Residential Advisors (RA). As an RA, you will work with the Housing Support Program staff to provide encouragement and support for up to 8 young mothers and their children living in the Hope House group residence, with the focus of building relationship while helping residents to become self-sufficient. RAs ensure a fun, safe and trusting environment through enforcing boundaries, creating a learning environment through gentle guidance and participatory teaching, and providing an opportunity for relational and spiritual growth by being available, engaged, and authentic.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing a warm welcome to new moms at the residence, keeping common areas of the house clean, assisting with household laundry, assisting with cleaning and readying rooms for new residents, and occasionally supporting residents with childcare and parenting routines
- Creating opportunities for engagement and spiritual growth with the girls through activities such as cooking and eating together, doing crafts, taking walks, listening to and discussing faith questions, and hosting bible studies
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment by enforcing safety procedures, boundaries, schedules, supervision of visitors, and helping residents navigate conflict
- Assisting residents in obtaining and/or maintaining human service benefits, stable housing and reliable transportation, including providing transportation to and from appointments or activities as needed (in a Hope House vehicle)
- Collecting, inputting, and reporting all relevant teen mom data in designated HHC software platforms and leading progress planning meetings with residents
- Committing to Hope House Colorado’s Core Values and continually working towards the HHC mission
We want to hear from you if …
- You are a female over age 21 with a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance (Required)
- You are available to work at least one of our open shifts at our Arvada location (Required)
Sunday day and overnight shifts
- You have a High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- You understand human service rules and regulations and have experience working with at-risk populations, adolescent girls, or teen moms (Desired)
- You have excellent communication skills, are highly organized, detail oriented, resourceful, reliable, and appreciate being held accountable
- You have good leadership skills, including the ability to work well with others and exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
Who we are
Hope House Colorado is committed to empowering teen moms, changing the future for two generations! We are a future-thinking organization, striving to be experts in our field. We invest in each employee, providing opportunities to pursue individual passions, gifts and strengths. Our staff is a unified team, pursuing excellence in all we do. We serve with integrity, humility, and respect for one another, in an environment that combines professionalism with fun, humor, and even a little bit of silliness each day!
$15.35/hour – $20.00/hour
Employees who are regularly scheduled to work 24 hours per week or more are eligible for the below benefits
- Health Benefits: Employees may elect medical, dental, vision & life insurance plans.
- Simple IRA: Employees may choose to make salary reduction contributions through HHC’s Simple IRA plan and HHC will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 3% of the employee’s annual salary.
- Vacation: Upon hire, employees earn 6 hours of vacation per paycheck up to 120 hours (3 weeks) in a year. Accruals are adjusted to increase vacation earned per hours worked based on length of employment with HHC.
- Holidays: HHC observes eleven (11) holidays throughout the year. Hourly employees receive holiday pay at time and a half for hours worked on these holidays.
- Sick Leave: HHC provides eligible employees with Paid Sick and Safe Leave (PSSL) and Public Health Emergency Leave (PHEL) in accordance with the requirements of Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA).