Youth and Children's Ministry
Family Life Pastor
Purpose and Primary Responsibilities: The Legacy Family Life Pastor directs Legacy Church’s
kids ministry ages birth-5th grade and their families. The right person will provide all kids
ministry volunteers with leadership, training, support, and oversight. This position is
responsible for curriculum selection and implementation, volunteer recruitment and
development, kid check-in/out process, children and family events, and equipping parents to
fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children. This position reports directly
to the Associate Pastor.
In addition to the specific responsibilities below, the Family Life Pastor will be responsible for
the duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
AREAS OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITY
● Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth through 5th grade, including
Sunday mornings and special events (outreach, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, etc.).
● Ensure the chosen programs and curriculum do not contradict or deviate from Legacy’s
core principles, theology, or ministry strategies.
● Develop relationships with parents and create programming, systems, and networks for
them to grow spiritually and relationally. This includes meeting with parents and kids
throughout the week.
● Disciple volunteers, kids, and parents in their faith.
● Provide Biblical and theological insights to parents, with the ability to teach application.
● Provide strong team leadership, cast vision, and provide a strategy for the kid’s
department as it pertains to the overarching vision of Legacy Church.
● Continually recruit, lead, schedule, train, coach, and build relationships with volunteer
teams while scheduling regular team-building events.
● Implement and maintain necessary technology associated with Legacy Kids Ministry.
● Maintain the Legacy Kids web page and all affiliated programs and information.
● Lead a robust volunteer team that creates an environment of high-energy, fun, impactful,
biblically relevant Sunday program.
● Ensure all classrooms are adequately equipped with supplies necessary for a successful
● Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings.
● Engage in weekly 1-1 reviews with the Associate Pastor to pursue growth, accountability,
support, and encouragement.
● Maintain a disciplined life of worship, Bible reading, prayer, fasting, tithing, and giving.
● Other duties assigned by the Associate Pastor.
● Develop and oversee online ministry for preschool and elementary children (social media,
online teaching content, downloadable resources, etc.)
● Act as the primary contact for the MOPS ministry that meets at the church on the first and
third Tuesdays of every month.
● Implement two significant annual parent/family events for fun, training, outreach, support,
● Verbally lead from the stage when requested.
● Assist the Lead and Associate Pastor with social media posts, communication, and
interactions about Legacy Kids.
This position is three-quarters time employment with an expectation of 30 hours per week. The
Family Life Pastor will primarily work in a supplied office combined with flexible work time from
home. The position will report directly to the Associate Pastor.
Essential Attributes of a Successful Candidate
1. Growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
2. Strong Biblical and theological knowledge, with the ability to teach application.
3. Incredible ability to build, coach, encourage, and expand a team of men and women
who will ensure the success of the Legacy Kids Ministry.
4. Teachable team player with a sense of humor and a desire for excellence.
5. Strong relational skills with the ability to connect with adults and kids.
6. Possess the capability to work with various forms of technology.
7. Ability to design and work with systems and processes for continued improvement
while working primarily with volunteer teams.
8. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
9. Ability to share vision, recruit, and engage personally with adults.
10. Highly administrative with an eye for detail.
11. Sensitivity to children’s unique physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual
12. Possesses strong character, wisdom, discernment, and work ethic.
13. Servant’s heart.
14. Fully supportive of Legacy Church, its vision/mission, and its people.
Please email a cover letter and resume to pastor Alex Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.