Director of Worship Arts and/or Student Ministries
JOB TITLE: Director of Worship Arts and/or Student (Youth) Ministries
- Classification: Full-time (at least 40+ hours) or Part-time (10-29 hours/week), negotiable and depending on availability and expectations. In addition to Sunday mornings, flexible schedule and remote work environment during the week.
- Salary: up to $5000/month for full-time and up to $4000/month part-time (depending on qualifications, time commitment, and benefits)
- Reports to: Lead Pastor
ChristLife Community Church (CLCC) is a God-focused, Christ-centered, Biblically-rooted, and Spirit-driven non-denominational church. As an expression of our vision to grow a community of Christ followers who worship and witness in all of life, we are seeking a full-time or part-time Director of Student (Youth) and Worship Arts Ministries. Since we are looking to fill two positions, the Director’s primary job could include one or both of these roles: 1) to lead musical worship during the Sunday worship service and the team of people involved in that ministry; 2) to build and lead a fruitful and growing ministry that reaches and makes disciples of students (6th-12th graders) and their families, including those inside and outside our church family.
We are looking for a person who is godly and gifted and capable of leading worship music and a Worship Arts Ministry that is solid in (theological) content and modern in style. We are also looking for a person to lead a Student Ministry that is biblically grounded and modern in method and approach. Since we are looking to fill two positions (Worship Arts Ministry and Student Ministry), each could be filled by a different person or both could be filled by one person, either in a full-time or part-time capacity.
CLCC is located in Franktown CO, just minutes from the Denver suburbs of Castle Rock and Parker.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL …
- Have a personal and growing relationship with God through faith in Christ evidenced by a solid level of spiritual maturity.
- Be able to fully embrace CLCC as a church family along with its vision, ministry culture, and core beliefs.
- Be passionate about worship as a way of life and the role of music in corporate worship.
- Have good people skills and at least adequate organizational ability.
- Be musically competent (vocally and instrumentally) at a level to lead corporate worship and the Worship Arts Ministry with excellence. Has good vocal pitch and stage presence, is able to lead with either guitar or piano, and can read music or at least read and create chord/lyric charts.
- Possess a commitment to and track record of doing ministry as a team, including recruiting and leading a group of musicians, technical and creative media-arts ministry volunteers, and student ministry volunteers.
- Be a hard worker but not a workaholic, a self-starter, reliable, trustworthy, and excellent at following
- Be a true student of God’s Word who is able to teach the Bible well.
- Possess the heart of a pastor and disciple-maker which includes a commitment to do the work of evangelism.
- Be passionate about God, Student Ministry, and seeing students and their families grow in faith.
- Demonstrate proven leadership ability that takes initiative to achieves results.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the point person, provide leadership, and coordinate ongoing programming for the Worship Arts Ministry at CLCC.
- In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, plan weekend worship services and a few special events that include a worship/music component (order of service, song selection, rehearsals, audiovisual, etc.).
- Along with the Lead Pastor, be the primary facilitator and lead worshiper for weekend worship services.
- Help recruit, shepherd, train/equip, and support musicians and techs for the Worship Arts Ministry team.
- Be the point person, provide leadership, and coordinate ongoing programming for the Student (Youth) Ministry at CLCC. This includes making contact with people on a regular basis and planning Student Ministry activities.
- Meet with students, parents, ministry volunteers, and other CLCC leaders (as individuals and in groups) as needed to build relationships, provide care and support, and practice discipleship.
- Help develop and implement the vision for the Worship Arts Ministry and the Student Ministry, and do strategic planning in collaboration with the Lead Pastor and other CLCC ministry leaders.
- Seek to provide support for other church ministries/activities that may need the partnership of the Worship Arts Ministry and/or Student Ministry.
- Other ministry-related and/or pastoral duties as needed.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.comTo Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org