Youth and Children's Ministry
Youth Director / Youth Pastor
Hope Church is a non-denominational intergenerational church located in south central Denver. Our community is currently just under 100 people, including children, young families, young adults and seniors. Our building was built in 1954 and is over 30,000 sq ft., with a beautiful sanctuary and updated rooms of various sizes for gatherings.
We are looking for a part-time Youth Director / Pastor to run a small but intimate and active youth group.
Currently, our Youth Group meets twice a month (2nd and 4th Sundays) following our service from 10:15 to 11:15. In that hour, we provide snacks, prayer and biblical discussion, and play games (group, board or outdoor games). We also hold a Game Night once a month (usually on a Friday from 6-9pm) where we provide pizza and play larger/longer games, such as laser tag in the building, kickball at the park, etc. Our church has a small Youth Room that acts as an intimate and cozy meeting space, and larger games are played outdoors in our very own Hope Park or through the whole building.
One of Hope’s desires is to see our staff develop into even more Christ-like women and men exercising their gifts, talents, skills, and abilities. So, while the current Youth Ministry model does not require more than 5 – 8 hrs /wk, we want to provide areas of growth and opportunity for this person in any other areas of interest (I.e., outreach, missions, preaching, event planning, etc.) if it is a good fit.
We provide generous PTO and very flexible work hours (including work from home options) so that you can craft your office hours to fit your schedule!
– Effective teaching, leadership, and engagement with students in middle through high school (6th – 12th grades). Willingness to participate and inquire about their daily lives, interests, and spiritual growth.
– Maintain joy, energy, and excitement while planning and playing group games and activities.
– Active listening, communication and thorough follow-through for students, parents, and volunteers.
– Attentiveness to and encouragement for each of Hope’s members, students, parents, volunteers and staff seeking to walk alongside others that they may more fully know and abide in Jesus.
– Ability to create and lead a volunteer team – scheduling volunteers, holding monthly meetings, encouraging newer and younger volunteers, and being responsive and attentive to group communications (emails, texts, etc.)
– Desire to be coached for areas of improvement (meeting at least 1/hr a month with your supervisor).
How to Apply:
Please send an email with a copy of your resume and available dates/times for an in-person meeting to our Ministry Coordinator. Please allow up to 7 business days before hearing a response.