Development and Fundraising
National Director of Major Gifts
Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
As a member of the national philanthropy team, the National Director of Major Gifts will develop and implement a comprehensive plan for major and planned giving to help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Mercy Housing.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule.
- 15 days of accrued PTO your first year, 12 company + 2 floating holidays, 1 week of winter office closure
- Early-close Fridays
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Pet Insurance
- 403b + match, paid volunteer time, Employee Assistance Program, and much more
- Develop a national major giving strategy including establishing and nurturing relationships with existing and prospective donors, to increase their financial support through significant annual, major giving, endowment, and legacy gifts
- Create and launch a successful comprehensive planned giving and endowment program across all Mercy Housing regions
- Work collaboratively with Senior Vice President of Philanthropy and senior leadership team in developing and implementing fundraising strategic plans, priorities and objectives utilizing clear metrics for analyzing and monitoring progress
- Create and implement moves management plans for multiple solicitors using Raisers Edge donor database and wealth screening tools to identify, track, and cultivate donors and prospects for national solicitors and support regional teams
- Work closely with SVP of National Philanthropy to assist solicitors such as President/CEO, Board members, and key solicitors by providing fundraising support and coaching for their pipeline identification, cultivation, and giving activation (e.g. proposal development, strategic counsel, donor communication)
- Manage individual portfolio of 30 – 50 national donors with significant gift capacity
- Partner with communication department and regional teams to plan and design strategic cultivation and stewardship activities to ensure donors receive appropriate, prompt acknowledgement and updates on the impact that their gifts have made
- Coordinate and produce a range of financial, budget, and ad hoc reports, proposals, and analyses for management
- High School Diploma
- Minimum ten years’ experience in individual major gift fund development, including major gift cultivation and solicitation in a human services or social services setting
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, public relations, marketing, policy/advocacy or related field
- Planned giving, capital campaign, and Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification