Family Camp Assistant
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Family Camp Assistant. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before applying.
To inspire Christ-like change through Outdoor Adventure, Authentic Relationships, and Biblical Truth
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 80 people who live on-site year-round, comprised of full-time staff and their families. Glorieta is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living.
- Title: Family Camp Assistant
- Department: Guest Relationships
- Reports To: Family Camp Manager
To ensure the success of the Family Camp Program by working closely under the Family Camp Manager and ensuring his/her success as they manage all aspects of the program by performing any needed job duties at any time whether large or small.
Take primary responsibility for the following:
- Communicating and working with the kitchen team to ensure a high quality meal experience for families, primarily through menu collaboration, experiential meal planning, front-of-house oversight, and by communicating weekly meal numbers, special dietary needs, etc.
- Updating and improving the Family Camp website
- Managing all Family Camp scholarship applications and associated communication, and further developing Family Camp fundraising & scholarship efforts
- Reporting & documenting workplace incidents in Salesforce
- Scheduling summer staff
- Updating summer staff missed days with Human Resources and managing all related communication
- Reviewing and replying to all positive and negative guest feedback
- Training summer staff leadership on all administrative responsibilities
- Scheduling use of all summer activities and lodging/meeting resources
- Hiring, communicating with, and scheduling all summer volunteers
- Maintaining relationships with attendees of Family Camp
- Coding all Family Camp expenses in Expensify
- Communicating with all families who start registration in efforts to convert them to fully registered families
- Communicating with all families who miss payments or otherwise have issues with payment plans
- Working with the Technology Solutions team to closed-lost registrations in Salesforce
- Working with the Housekeeping team to create summer housekeeping plans for lodging and meeting spaces and ensuring the cleanliness of the Family Camp campus throughout the summer
- Completing all administrative work given by the Manager
Assist in the following:
- Marketing for Family Camp through print, email, phone calls, web, face-to-face visits, events, Instagram, Facebook, and other media to increase registration
- Planning and executing non-summer Family Camp events like Ski & Serve and the Fall Balloon Fiesta Weekend.
- Collaborating with other camp managers to develop efficiencies and shared events across programs.
- Development of creative pieces for Family Camp, including evening experiences, curriculum, etc.
- Gaining, securing, and retaining families from summer to summer.
- Interviewing, hiring, and helping to train Summer Staff, gaining insight into all aspects
of their work and offering support and prayer.
- Helping maintain costs and budgets.
- Managing family registrations and metrics using spreadsheets and Salesforce.
- Consistently praying for incoming and returning families and for God’s provision for new families and program needs.
- Registering families through Glorieta Camps’ Online Registration.
- Assisting in ordering & inventorying Family Camp Supplies.
- Performing audits of Salesforce events and opportunities.
- Maintaining, updating, and improving automated emails for Family Camp.
- Working with Retreat & School groups in the non-summer months, which includes housekeeping, kitchen duties, hosting, facilitating activities etc.
- Assist in answering emails to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox and phone calls to the Family Camp extension.
- Working to physically improve the Family Camp campus and Glorieta’s campus at large
- Communicating and collaborating with other departments to meet the needs of Family Camp.
- Training Summer Staff in job responsibilities and vision for meeting Glorieta Camps’ mission
within the Family Camp Program including values and customer service skills.
- Managing summer staff using management philosophy
- Developing the spiritual lives of summer staff through Bible studies, prayer, discipleship, group discussions, and group activities.
- Being present and engaged in all aspects of camp during each week of Family Camp.
- Scheduling summer staff based on programming needs, and communicating with other
programs/departments as necessary about staffing needs.
- Addressing guest needs and following guest services training when working with the guests.
Other Duties of ALL Glorieta Staff: We operate year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Character, Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “ideal” candidate will have and demonstrate:
- Strong sense of hospitality and customer service
- Skills in Sales and Marketing, and a desire to put those skills to use to increase Family Camp attendance
- Exceptional communication skills for face-to-face, over-the-phone, and email conversations
- Ability to use technological systems at Camp proficiently
- Proficient use of Spreadsheets
- Experience with Salesforce
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to confront, encourage, and inspire staff towards excellence in their work and to develop them both spiritually and professionally
- Team player mindset in working with other departments
- High level of administrative and organizational skills
- College Degree or higher is preferred
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at the Glorieta, New Mexico location
Travel: Will travel to help with recruiting, marketing, networking, fundraising, or workshop training.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 60 lbs, sit in an office, hike, stand all day, willing to get your hands dirty.
Work Environment: Most work will be done in the office, at a desk with the exception of summer when you will be asked to work extended hours in a variety of situations all over camp. Occasionally, you may be asked to help with all-camp projects, including working in inclement weather conditions throughout the year.
Training: Employees will be given the opportunity for improvement through appropriate training.
Compensation: $14.03 hourly plus on-site housing including utilities, medical insurance, 401(k) retirement package after one year, and paid vacation time. See HR and/or potential supervisor for details.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete description of all that is necessary to do your job. Also, all camp employees are expected to do what it takes to work as a team, even with other departments, to serve guests. This is not only an expectation but a value that we hold to as an organization. We will help each other get the mission done.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.To Apply: Kevin Brennfleck, email@example.com