Director of Worship Ministries
Position Title: Director of Worship Ministries
Status: Exempt Manager, full time 40 hours
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Position Summary: Develop, supervise, facilitate, and coordinate the ministry of worship and music throughout the church. Manage and coordinate audio visual, and other technical support. Provide ongoing support to people involved in worship.
- Work in cooperation with the Pastor to design all regular and special worship experiences.
- Plans and schedules worship services
- Responsible for selection of music and liturgy
- Lead the worship team (band & vocalists) spiritually, musically, and technically to prepare all aspects of rehearsals and worship
- Organizes and coordinates the physical environment of worship areas
- Supervise and direct staff as needed
- Manages the recruitment and coordination of volunteers for worship team, ensembles, audiovisual and technical support, greeters, ushers, and communion
- Responsible for purchase, lease and upkeep of worship related equipment including
- the sound system, instruments, video, and media production
- Responsible for the purchase and cultivation of the music library including the tracking and storage of all music
- In cooperation with the Elder for Worship, develops and monitors the budget for worship and music ministries
- Other missionally aligned duties as assigned by Senior Pastor or Session
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or related field
- Two (2) years’ experience in worship leadership preferred
- One (1) year experience in staff supervision and volunteer management preferred
- Experience with audiovisual technology
- Fluency with software such as ProPresenter and Planning Center preferred
- May require training and experience in congregational care
- While performing duties of the job, employee will be required to:
- Access a variety of environments that may require standing, sitting, walking, and stooping, kneeling, or climbing stairs.
- Play music using various musical instruments when proficient
- Talk, hear, and converse
- Communicate effectively with people from a variety of ages and perspectives
- Lift 20 pounds
- Works Sundays, and some evenings and Holidays
- Spiritual Maturity – Shows strong personal depth and spiritual grounding; able to articulate a clear and consistent theology; continues to nurture a rich spiritual life as evidenced by self-awareness, ongoing spiritual practices, and a willingness to seek and receive guidance from others, the Bible, and the Holy Spirit.
- Worship Design – Weaves elements of theology and art in order to guide the gathered community into biblically informed experiences of the sacred; engages creativity and technical expertise in order to blend together relevant traditional and contemporary worship expressions; accurately assess the congregation’s spiritual maturity in worship in order to guide them deeper.
- Mission Ownership – Demonstrates understanding and behavior consistent with WHC mission and values; works with others to generate a vision for worship ministry that is in harmony with the overall goals of WHC.
- Upfront Leadership – Effectively engages with large groups in order to guide them toward an intended understanding or experience; clearly communicates planned and extemporaneous content with appropriate emotion; projects a warm, authentic presence that invites participation.
- Team-oriented Leadership – Promotes a culture that encourages others to discover, engage, and develop their talents toward meaningful service in God’s Kingdom. Blends people into teams when appropriate; fosters open dialogue; shares wins and successes.
- Interpersonal Skills – Develops positive and effective relationships with the church staff, congregation, and volunteers; practices direct, honest, and transparent communication; works with others to identify and address challenges and conflict.
- Self-Direction – Defines goals and adjusts the approach when needed, draws on previous experiences to guide decisions, and demonstrates care regarding the quality of work and meeting deadlines; works concurrently on related and conflicting priorities without losing focus.
- Creativity and Innovation – Generates new ideas; makes new connections among existing ideas to create fresh approaches; takes acceptable risks in pursuit of innovation; learns from mistakes; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
Learn More and Apply at Christian Career Center.To Apply: Kevin Brennfleck, firstname.lastname@example.org