Director of Music Ministries
This position is responsible to oversee, plan, and lead the music ministry of Grace Church. This requires a high level of leadership to be responsible for a group of volunteers, directing musicians and tech needs on a weekly basis, and guiding the congregation into a worshipful posture before the Lord.
The Director needs to have a growing relationship with Jesus, a commitment to Scripture-fed and Spirit-led corporate worship, a dynamic stage presence, effective communication skills, and a working knowledge of the technical needs of leading services.
In addition to being responsible for weekly corporate worship directing, he/she will be responsible for leading Ministry Leaders and musicians to ensure consistent vision, participation, and quality control.
In concert with the Senior Pastor, plan and execute the vision of the music ministry of Grace Church. This includes:
- Directing the volunteers and all services according to Grace’s values of corporate worship
- Liturgical vision – service order and methodology
- Set design and staging choices
- Maintain a current catalog of songs and accurate song charts for the volunteers
- Organize a team of volunteers; this includes recruiting, scheduling, and training
- Lead a team of leaders – train others to lead services and rehearsals
- Communicate with and direct the congregation from the stage and also in conversations pertaining to music ministry
- Availability for special services (weddings, funerals, etc.) and occasional musical needs from other church ministries
- Pursue personal musical growth and skill development