Steamboat Christian Center is a non-denominational church located in the ski-resort town Steamboat Springs, CO, which is nestled in the Rocky Mountains two and a half hours from Denver. The church is led by Lead Pastor Troy Lewis, who has been the lead pastor at the church for 17 years. Attendance currently runs around 600 in person each week with another 400-500 viewing online. Currently, the church offers three identical services at 6p on Saturday night, 9:00a and 10:30a on Sunday mornings. Worship is fully modern with a high value in production, from iMag to movers and a high quality live-stream broadcast.
The church has a huge heart for reaching their city and surrounding areas for Jesus. Outreach is a large part of their focus throughout the week to carry out their vision and mission of the church, and one of their desires as a church is to grow in their storytelling ability in order to further their reach in their community. With a lot of travelers and visitors in town throughout the year, there are always new people in town to be reached for Christ.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Creative Director. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Curate and produce the weekly communication to the church and community.
- Capture, create and produce media through storytelling that increases participation of SCC attendees to progress in their faith journey, participation in the SCC ministries, be more generous toward God and the Church and fulfill SCC’s outreach and evangelism mission.
- Engage with speakers to create weekend message preparation bumper graphics and videos.
- Maintain app and website content and function so that these tools are used effectively and increasingly by the Staff, Church and Community.
- Oversee and increase the reach and effectiveness of social media.
- Create and oversee an annual budget for your department to be in alignment with projected goals.
- Work with Music Pastor to prepare and implement weekly production of the music ministry.
- Recruit, train and facilitate teams for production to help execute the weekend services.
- Oversee all aspects of the online experience.
- Be a coach and cheerleader in a hand-off, producer-type role during the services to be available to put out fires as needed.
- Be aligned with the vision, mission, and doctrine of Steamboat Christian Center.
- Ability to lead others in a growing relationship with Jesus.
- High level of leadership, time management, and communication skills.
- Must love the outdoors and embrace the culture and weather that comes with living in Steamboat Springs.
- Is a multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- Operate well in a team environment, working well with other individuals and teams.
- Graphic design skills/background is a must.
- Video shooting and editing skills are preferred.
- Strong portfolio of design projects.
- Proficient in design software (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or other creative lanes is preferred, not required.
- At least two years of experience in graphic design either contracting or working full-time with a strong portfolio is preferred.
Reports to: Associate Pastor
For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/steamboatcreative
To apply, email your resume and portfolio to Meggan at email@example.com.To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org