Audio and Visual
Audio and Production Engineer
Purpose: This position is a ministry of service and helps. An individual in this position has direct responsibility for setup and management of audio control boards on Sunday mornings and other major events. This position also coordinates and assists with the live stream productions team. This individual will also oversee campus wide sound and projection systems. They will assist in the development of system upgrade plans and the budget to support the work with audio, projection and broadcast systems.
Department: Engagement & Communications
Reports To: Outreach and Engagement Director
Pay Type: Salaried
Time Required: 40+ hours per week
Eligible for Overtime: No
Supervisory Position: Yes
If yes, check type: Employees # 1+ Contract Wkrs # 2+ Volunteers # 20+
Supervisory responsibilities include assigning, scheduling, monitoring and controlling work; evaluating and managing performance; interviewing, hiring, and orienting new employees; training employees when necessary; making salary recommendations; and recommending discipline or termination when necessary.
Job Titles Supervised: Sound Technician, Worship Admin.
Works closely with: Director of Worship, Communication and Production Coordinator, Communications Department, Tech Team, Administrative Staff, Worship Planning Team and Volunteers.
- This position must be held by an individual who is an active, practicing evangelical Christian who is committed to the church’s vision and mission and agrees with our Statement of Faith. There is no other background that can substitute for this requirement.
- This position requires acceptance of the Village Seven Presbyterian Statement of Faith and Staff Lifestyle Agreement.
Professional experience and qualifications
- Minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience engineering audio for live and live stream broadcast and recorded events. This is the core competency required for this position.
- Minimum of three (3) years directing or overseeing audio, video and live stream elements in a large church setting and at a high level.
- Ability to lead a technical team of staff and volunteers as well as fulfilling necessary technical tasks in the case that sufficient personnel is not available.
- Ability to effectively mic and mix for a wide variety of musical styles and ensembles (praise band, choir, organ, orchestra, folk band, and mixed ensembles) representing Village Seven’s vision of incorporating congregants in worship leadership roles.
- Sufficient training and experience to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot a variety of church technology systems including those currently integrated at Village Seven such as live audio, audio editing, live video, video editing, wireless transmitters and receivers, various types of microphones, live streaming, projection system, and lighting.
- Excellent people skills with strong ability to recruit, train, and shepherd staff and volunteers in a joyful and productive environment.
- Ability to function well within a team, coworking and communicating in an uplifting and godly manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Worship Services and Rehearsals
- Job duties include setting up and breaking down microphones, speakers, mixing boards, and other sound devices throughout the facility. Collaborate with the worship pastor to ensure their goals for music and sound levels for each service are understood and met. Collaborate with the production team to ensure sound quality for the live stream broadcast and video assistance as needed.
- Monitor and adjust sound levels during the service to accommodate music and the sermon, to include the audio feed for both in house and the Live Stream broadcast to ensure optimal sound quality in the house, and on the live broadcast and in recordings.
- Interface with the Worship Director and team in a positive, supportive, and flexible manner.
- Supervise the Worship Admin in configuring the weekly presentation and production software and help them recruit and schedule volunteers to run the software on Sunday mornings.
Live-Stream and Recorded Video
- Work with Communication and Production Coordinator on live-stream broadcast of Sunday worship services and special worship services.
- Provide technical feedback to the live stream production team and develop a sufficient understanding of our production and live steam environment to assist when necessary.
- Recruit, train, and supervise the work of a team of volunteers to ensure a quality level of audio and visual experience. Responsible for contracting necessary work that cannot be filled by volunteer congregants.
- Work with the Live Stream Production Coordinator to recruit volunteers for the life stream production team.
- Work together with the Administrative Assistant for Worship, Music, and Arts to schedule volunteer and staff positions for weekly services, rehearsals, and special events.
Conferences, Concerts, Special Programs and Outside Entity Events
- Responsible for overseeing audio, video, lighting, and other technical elements for church conferences, concerts, and other special programs (Christmas Concert, Hymns and Harmonies, Worship Training events, and other Worship, Music and the Arts events).
- Responsible for developing training materials for all audio equipment for outside entity events.
Weddings and Funerals
- Responsible for overseeing audio, and technical elements at wedding and funeral services taking place on the Village Seven campus.
- Coordinate with and assist as needed with the Communication and Production Coordinator on all video aspects for weddings and funerals.
Audio and Projection System Maintenance and Upgrades
- Responsible for maintenance of all church campus audio, video, lighting, and other technical production equipment; this includes troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing as necessary. Makes recommendations regarding budgeting for and purchase of new equipment while staying sensitive to the church’s technical budget.
- Responsible for the development of usage guidelines and training of volunteers for campus audio and projection equipment.
Pay and Benefits: The salary rate range for this full-time position (minimum 40 hours per week) is $55,000 to $75,000. Benefits include health insurance (employer pays 80% of premiums), TSA match, Vacation time (10 days), Holidays (10 days), and Sick leave (up to 12 days).
Evaluation: This position is evaluated annually by the Outreach and Engagement Director. During the course of the evaluation, the Job Description shall be reviewed and needed alterations discussed.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be a reflection of the principle job elements essential for making compensation and employment decisions.
Application: Please use this link to complete an application for this job.
Please email the completed application to Page Clark, Outreach and Engagement Director, (email@example.com). Feel free to contact Page if you have any questions concerning this job.
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org