Assistant Missions Director
First Pres is looking for an Assistant Missions Director to shepherd our key relationships with local ministry partners and move our congregation to greater involvement in city ministry.
The Assistant Missions Director helps shepherd our key relationships with local ministry partners and moves our congregation toward greater involvement in ministry to and with our city. First Pres partners with more than two dozen local agencies, maintaining and developing close relationships with these organizations through presence and support, celebrating shared goals, and coming alongside them with resources, time, and gifts in-kind. This position works with the Missions Director and Mission Engagement Team to guide these relationships, continually evaluating their health and alignment with First Pres partnership values. The Assistant Missions Director shepherds these relationships through personal visits to partners, attending key events, identifying opportunities for collaboration and generosity, and participating in the development and implementation of a strategy for congregational participation. This position also provides administrative support to the Missions Director as needed, assisting in the preparation of mission’s events, global trips, seasonal prints, maintenance of budget and communications to volunteers and congregation.
- Relationship Development (50%)
- Facilitate regular conversations and strengthen relationships between local partners, congregation volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders in effort to identify and address areas of support for the Colorado Springs community.
- Continue the establishment and development of collaborative partnerships with diverse organizations around the community.
- Planning, Reporting and Analysis (30%)
- Regularly prepare, review, and maintain an annual budget and financial records for community development programs, missions and other activities
- Compile other annual reports for related programming for church leadership and other stakeholders.
- Evaluates and assist with the allocation of First Pres resources into the community.
- Assist in the organization of mission trips, local partner events, volunteer opportunities, and other events as identified.
- Administrative Work (20%)
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials to support internal and external communication efforts.
- Maintain and oversee the database management system that houses community partners, donors, and all communication.
- Experience working in a community development, community engagement, community outreach, or similar role.
- Demonstrated history of building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the Colorado Springs community.
- Experience working in a faith-based organization and/or educational background in theology, religious studies, or divinity.
- Passionate about improving the community and developing relationships.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills — these are essential for collaborating with others.
- Curiosity and an improvement mentality — you are committed to asking questions, expanding, and searching for new ways to develop and improve our impact in the community.
Sometimes our lack of confidence prevents us from applying for a job. First Pres is a place where everyone is welcomed and can grow. Please apply if this is a role that would make you thrilled to come to work every day, regardless of how you identify or what background you bring with you.
We understand the confidence gap and impostor syndrome can sometimes prevent us from meeting exceptional individuals, so don’t be shy about applying – we’d love to hear from you.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes flexible work scheduling, medical, dental,
vision, 403B, employee assistance programs (mental health assistance, financial planning), maternity and paternity leave, short-term/long-term disability. Relocation stipend is available for those that live outside of the Colorado Springs area. In addition to our benefits, we maintain a culture that is committed to reflecting what our community stands for inside and outside of the church.